Thursday, July 21, 2005

Rough Night

It’s now 4:30am. And I’m wide awake. At about 1:30 Penelope had a night terror. Ann pulled her from the crib and put her in bed with us. Penelope is not an easy child to sleep with.

I sort of dozed off for a bit, but started having serious nasal drainage and began coughing. I didn’t want to wake them up, so I carefully crawled out of bed and came down to the computer. I wasn’t down here 10 minutes before I noticed the serious lightening show going off in the distant sky. I quickly ran out and rolled up the windows on mine and Ann’s cars. I got in just as the sky let loose. Hopefully, that burst will bring down the humidity.

I got back in the house and no sooner sat down with the computer when I heard a thump followed by a baby scream. I scooted up the stairs to find Ann trying to fetch Penelope off the floor on my side of the bed. It was quite a thump too, since we have bare hard wood floors in the bedroom. Ann was able to quiet her and it seemed they were headed off to sleep, so I went back to the computer.

Next thing I new, Ann and Penelope were coming down the stairs. Penelope sat and cuddled with me for a bit, but she just doesn’t seem to want to sleep. Ann wants to sleep, but Penelope won’t let her. I would like to sleep, but now it’s time to be awake to get ready for work. And Nelson is now awake, too, saying he hasn’t slept well all night.

Rats…and now the internet connection is gone. I’ll have to try and post later.

Connection’s back. Nelson is back to sleep. Penelope is watching “Little Mermaid” and her eyes are getting very, very heavy. Annie half asleep and yet keeping one eye on Penelope. And I’m heading out the door.

And somehow Beth slept through it all…lucky her! Have a day that brings many smiles!

1 comment:

Saija said...

awwww ... what a night ... hope there weren't too many more like that!