Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Night Night

All my days are looking much alike: work, care for hubster, play with the baby, and read about other people’s interesting lives.

It’s been a bit rough at work. Thankfully the humidity was down a little bit today. Monday and Tuesday I was sure I was going to melt. It was rough employee-wise, too. It’s only Wednesday and I’ve already lost 4 employees. One guy had to leave Tuesday morning because he thought he was having a heart attack. That same morning another gal walked off the job because she was “tired of all the b****ing.” I did have to keep telling her to put her safety glasses on—sorry, it does happen to be company policy. One of our guys was supposed to go to an AA meeting so he could come back to work. He went to the meeting, but unfortunately he was drunk and that sort of defeated his coming back. Then today a guy had to write up last week decided to really slough off and the rest of the team came to me about it. When I confronted him with their concerns, and informed him that I would be monitoring him he went ballistic and walked off the job. He was hanging around outside the building after. There was so much concern for my safety that the HR manager walked me out to my car. (I don’t think there was a need, but it made some people feel better.)

I’m really not that hard to work with. No really.

I should have known that it was going to be a weird day by the way that it started. I was just about to kiss Nelson and head out the door, when Nelson said, “I think I have to poop.” Well I couldn’t walk away from that…and I didn’t. Yeehaw.

We’re sitting here watching a show about tv goofs and gafaws. It’s a fun family time. There actually hasn’t been a nasty word spoken all evening. Maybe I should go to bed really quick so I can end the day on a good note!

Oh, I had a funny moment at the end of the day. Right at the end of the day Ed gave me a task that required setting up quite a bit of paperwork. I had some other things that I was going to work on too and I was going to do too. I was standing there talking to the CFO and after he offered to walk me to my car he asked what that stack of papers was. Caught! He wouldn’t let me out of the building with it. Old habits die hard. I’m glad I didn’t bring it home, but I will confess I have thought about it a couple times. I’ll just have to get it done tomorrow.

Right now, Penelope is saying it’s time to go night, night. So, night night all!

3 comments:

Debra said...

Eeks! I'm glad you are ok and were able to have someone walk you out to your car... (Now I will worry about you though...so I will pray for your protection). God bless and I'll see you over at Bug Cafe! ... Debra

jettybetty said...

Yeah, you did good--with Nelson--you can do it!

And I think having someone walk you to your car was quite prudent!

Keep smiling!

JB

Saija said...

your sense of humour is in the right place!!!! ... may God continue to give you strength as you keep on keeping on ... ((hugs))