Sunday, June 26, 2005

What Plans?

I’m home and I’m miffed. I am in full-blown stressed out mode. I spent the day at the hospital with Nelson. We watched the race together. I was getting ready to leave when the orthopedic doc who was referring us out stopped by. Here’s his plan:
-I will go to work to fix a problem that I found right at quitting time on Friday that has to be done first thing so that it can be shipped out (this involves unpacking 2 skids of packed parts that didn’t get a sticker on them designed for all shipments going to Mexico…a horrible oversight by the people running the line, but thankfully caught before they shipped). I will also line out the work for the day and make sure that it is done correctly.
-Nelson will have a session with PT in the morning to teach him how to walk. In his three sessions with PT he has stood up twice taken a couple of sideways scooch steps and then today moved over to sit in the chair. So in a session they are going to teach him how walk, get up a couple steps, and get in and out of a car.
-I will call the doctor’s office in Akron to see when I get a doctor’s appointment. I am hoping that I can get one where I go straight from the hospital to the clinic. If I can’t get him in until Tuesday, I will then bring him home.
-While I’m either at work or in the process of transporting Nelson, Dave, Steve, and Mook will deliver the hospital bed to my house.
-Nelson will hopefully be seen by the surgeon and some type of work will be done on his leg and ankle.

My head hurts with all the maybes and hopefullies. I want to stomp my foot and tell someone to just give me a straight answer and not all these uncertainties. Why is that so much to ask for?

I had to call Ed to tell him about my situation. I called his cell, but obviously he and his wife had exchanged phones. He is on his way to his dad’s in West Virginia because his dad is dying. So I had to call Buddy. I feel badly because I’m having to miss work, but more so because I can’t tell them how much I’m going to have to miss because I can’t get anyone to give an answer on that.

So now I’ve vented a little to the daughter and she’s ready to rush over, but I told her that I need her here when Nelson gets home. I think it will be way too difficult to move him about and keep Penelope corralled. She wasn’t really happy with my way of thinking, but I think I was forceful enough to keep her from jumping in the car right that minute.

I ranted a little to Rhonda, who immediately wanted to fix everything. It can’t be fixed. I am at the mercy of a doc who hasn’t even seen the x-rays and his very busy schedule (show me a doc who doesn’t have a busy schedule and I’ll immediately ask why and doubt his ability). She works for an orthopedic group and is trying to get me to bring Nelson to them. I just don’t feel good about that. It’s not that I don’t trust her or her docs---but think about how it would be if something went wrong. I don’t want to leave a foothold for resentment. Does that make any sense?

I need to go to bed, but my mind is racing. I think I’m going to go get a glass of milk and play a couple scrabble boards and drift off into sleep. Tomorrow could be a very long day.

Hope your dreams are sweet and your plans clear!

2 comments:

Debra said...

Hi Tina.... Hmmm... don't know what to say, except that I'll be praying that Jesus will become your strength and your peace and your calm during this difficult time. This is just the kind of thing where He wants to come through for you and fill in all the places where you are lacking. Empty of you, full of Him.... (I hope that makes sense.) Try to relax--God won't let you down, especially now! (And best wishes and prayers for Nels' recovery...) Hugs, Debra

Theresa Coleman said...

Sending prayer your way today.