Saturday, September 22, 2007

Dilemma

Or options.
I'm not always good at either.
The Potato Heads arrived and now I have to choose which lesson I'm going to do. I'm leaning hard towards the Potato Heads.

Edit:They're getting the Potato Heads tomorrow. I can't wait. Honestly, it makes me smile to just think about it now. No wait, that's not a smile...it's a full blown giggle.

Back when I was involved in full-time church ministry and preaching on a regular basis, the daughter of one my friends shared this interesting thought with my friend. She told her mom that she thought I could make a sermon illustration out of a booger. I never did, but it's a thought that has sure stuck with me (all pun intended...giggles)

I just delight in being able to take information and present it in fresh and memorable (or remember-able) ways.

So tomorrow everyone in class gets a Mr. Potato Head. It's been an expensive lesson, but worth every penny to me!

3 comments:

Judy said...

Ah, yes. The lessons in a booger!

When my husband and I worked with 2 and 3 year olds, most Sunday's centered squarely around the booger.

My husband actually had the largest booger on record handed to him right in the middle of a Christmas program. From a boy on stage - front and center.

Accepting a booger publicly is truly a lesson in love.

Trisha said...

It means more when you make it memorable and practical.

HeyJules said...

I can't wait to hear how it went!