Thursday, January 11, 2007

Part of the Plot

It's been a wild week. Lots of packing. We thought Asher might have chicken pox, but it only turned out to be a viral rash after a couple days of high fever. Thank you, God!

I've worn some of my skinny clothes and it feels so good. I am finally feeling okay about looking attractive. There was such a mental stigma attached to that for me. What typically would happen is that I would get right at the edge of feeling good and I would balloon back up.

Ballooning shouldn't be much of an issue for me. I got a part time job with Curves!!! I'm so excited. My membership will be paid as a part of my compensation--so I've done a good thing to reduce our monthly expenditures. And then my paycheck will serve as my mad money...so I won't need to ask for money--which I'm totally no good at. I start training today.

Ann and I were talking on the way home from our workout at Curves. Nelson has been a packing machine. After packing too much of the bathroom--leaving us no neosporon to use in the meantime, he's been more careful to leave the essentials unpacked until the move on Saturday. Ann decided he went to far again. He packed all the hot chocolate!
We had a good chuckle. Daddy just didn't see cocoa as an essential. Now isn't that just like a man for you? We (I) decided that the recent medical revelation that chocolate has benefits for one's cardiovascular system is really just a ruse by an underground feminist group to get men to quit dogging us about our absolute need for chocolate. As long as they believe that there's value then perhaps we won't have to indulge our cravings in secret any longer.

Now, if we could just find a medical substantiation for cookie dough!

Hershey Kisses for everyone!

2 comments:

Chris said...

I read this after I responded to the comment you left at my blog... working at Curves sounds great, I love that kind of workout! That seems like a healthy way to "be in your body".

How do you find the time? It sounds like you have been working so hard already...

Saija said...

wow - the move is THIS saturday ... praying that all goes well and that you love your new place!!! :o)