Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Asher Day

My ankle is better. Only wore a brace one day. Never even bruised! Even more surprising to me was that I wasn't achy sore the next day. I'm going to attribute that to working out!

Classes went well last week. I do love teaching. This week at work I've spent a lot of time on the phone and typing different things on the computer.

I have my last training session at Curves tonight. Saturday I'll be flying solo. I don't worry about being out in the circuit with the ladies--it's the thought of answering the phone and not knowing the correct answer and doing the deposit. Guess I'll just do what I can and beg forgiveness and ignorance for what I mess up.

Today is Asher's first birthday! It should be a fun time of ripping paper, squeals of joy, and messy cake at my house tonight. Wish you all could join us. Annie is making a Nemo cake. Beth got him a zebra bouncy ride 'em thing, Annie got him a noisy toy that you shoot these balls through, I got him a zebra in a train car to go with a zoo train thing that he got for Christmas, Nemo PJ's, two sippy cups that have pop up straws (NO more spilling), and little slippers he probably won't keep on his feet, but since they were only $2 I thought I'd try.

Other Asher news: he's walking. It's so adorable. The new configuration of living room truly facilitated this. It's so hard to believe a year has gone by--they really do grow up too fast!

5 comments:

Erin said...

Daisymarie- Is it possible that a year has passed already?! Oh my goodness. I love this post... hearing about the blessings in your life. It is one of my favourite things about you... you are a person who understands joy and gratitude.

I pray you have a wonderful party tonight!!

HeyJules said...

You've gone from a 24 to a 12? Girl, you are my new roll model (and I don't mean Pillsbury rolls either!) I'm soooooo proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Asher!

Yes. The year DID go by quickly.

Judy - www.judyh58.blogspot.com

Saija said...

how is the new place? are you feeling settled in? hope so!

((hugs))

Hope said...

One year olds - what a delightful stage of life.

I'm glad your ankle injury was minor and will not keep you from Curves and all that good stuff!

Hugs to you.