Saturday, May 27, 2006

Heading out the door...

I made a list...checked it twice. I'm not taking my computer. Just a tablet to write on. Mom already has the Scrabble board out and waiting for me. I'll be spending the next week in sunny Green Valley, Arizona (a wonderful retirement community about 30 miles south of Tucson.) I will get over to my Aunt and Uncle's sometime during the week to check in and update you. But this is truly just a time of relaxing for me. I plan to walk everyday: morning and night. One day we're going to see "Davinci Code"; one day lunch with Auntie; one day Tubac (google it; it's wonderful!!!); and on Friday I'll go with mom to her doctor's appointment.

As for the appointment: here's the scoop. A couple years ago Mom was in Hawaii and hurt her back while sight seeing. The bus hit a bump and she was jarred. Turns out she fractured a vertebrae because she has osteoporosis. She's been taking one of those super-duper pills, but last week she coughed and fractured another. So, next Friday we're going to see a bone doc. My great-grandmother also had ostoeporosis. I drink a yogart smoothie every day, have a container of yogart and drink at least one glass of milk. I'm going to get a bone density done when I'm 50. And so should you! Lecture done.

So have a great week...I plan to. Happy tiles to you!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Finally got the chance to stop in for a visit. My goodness, do you ever need this break!! Praying for you this week for rest, and yes... the return of joy. Praying that things go well with your mother. And praying that you and Nelson will miss each other (I hear that some of that is good for a marriage).

Much love to you...

Saija said...

i agree with Wilsonian ... you need some R&R ... and what a wonderful place to get it! i love that area of AZ ... it is breath-takingly beautiful ...

sending huge hugs your way! ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY ... Lord bless ya, dear one!

jettybetty said...

Hope you have a GREAT week!

HeyJules said...

You go have a wonderful visit with your mom and we'll eat the leftover pizza from when Erin left us all sitting at her place.

:-)