Saturday, May 06, 2006

Greasy, Grimy

I started an entry a couple days ago. Revised it yesterday morning. It just sounded like a bad email about what’s been happening in my life. It wasn’t really “poor me” but it wasn’t much better.

Here are the high points:
-Wednesday was a hard day (physically) at work for me and also for Nelson (Asher wanted to do his shrilly scream all day) so we got a way and went for Mexican for dinner.
-Thursday Nelson decided to go buy a new lawn mower (because Wednesday evening it would start).
-Friday Beth mowed the yard with the new mower. Guess she decided not to let me have the maiden voyage like she did with the washer and dryer (lol).
-The lawn mower is my Mother’s Day present. (giggles to herself, since her birthday present was the washer and dryer)

Yesterday at work I got so greasy dirty that I wasn’t sure I’d come clean. Our company purchased (as is) 5 machines from a company in Tennessee. The ‘as is’ was that that they were completely greasy, grimy messes and in many pieces. I jumped in with the power sprayer and not only got totally greasy and gross, but also soaked. You know you’re a mess (and quite comical) when someone at work threatens to get a camera to take a picture, but then when you get home your husband does.

It was dirty work but it was fun in a weird sort of way. I’m going to do the same thing on Monday. So Friday I spent about 4 hours steam cleaning and I’ll be doing at least the same. That’s eight plus hours in a steam room. This should be good for my skin or weight or something shouldn’t it?

Right now I’m at Annie’s. I got here last night. It was so fun to play with Penelope. She’s jabbering away. Caden is growing so quickly. Today we’re going garage saling in her little town—the whole community has their sales on the same day. And then this afternoon we’re going to a Victorian tea at her church. She’s quite excited to have me see her new church and meet some of her new friends. It just makes my heart smile.

4 comments:

Pilot Mom said...

The highlight of seeing your grandchildren (?) was worth the whole week, in MHO! :) The Victorian tea sounds like fun. Our ladies at church did something similiar and it was a big hit. Have fun!

Oh, and Mexican is ALWAYS good and fun!

Debra said...

Oh! I loved the part about your presents of the lawn mower and washer and dryer...tee...hee... We do that kind of thing, too, and since I am so practical-minded (boringly-so) I don't mind it at all! ... Enjoy your weekend.... Debra

jettybetty said...

I know what you mean about making your heart smile!

Hope it's still smiling--sounds like a very fun day!

Judy said...

I got a vacuum for mother's day last year.

It was hard for my daughter to convince my daughter-in-law that it was all I'd asked for. My daughter said she told her 'She's weird that way!'.

Loved this post!

Appliances, garage sales, tea and grandchildren!

Ahhh...the GOOD life!