Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Early Rising

Day One
3:57AM
That's what the clock said when I woke up this morning.
I had been dreaming about running water...never something to be ignored--especially at my age!
At first I groaned.
Then I got up and colored my hair.
Then I did the rest of my morning routine and got to my work place at 6:28.
I put on my headset and listened to the music for this coming Sunday's service and walked really hard for 25 minutes.
I feel good. Real good!

Day Two
Okay, not awake quite as early, but bame it on American Idol.
Got to work a little earlier and got a full 30 minutes of walking in. It felt good--really good this morning. I work tennis shoes instead of my work (steel toes) shoes. At one point the coolest thing happened. I was listening to a worship song and just really got into the praising and it felt like I was walking on my toes. I was dancing, no it was lighter than that--it was like soaring. It was like a wonderful softness lifted my heart and I was lifted above some of the weightiness of recent days, or months. What a super blessed moment!
I noticed that my pants felt loser. I know that I haven't lost any more weight (as of this morning I'm still at nine pounds down), but perhaps things are shifting around a little. And that's all good!
Now I'm heading off to bed. I stayed up to watch the Idol results and switched over to Criminal Minds on a commercial. Before I realized it Idol was over. Guess I'll check out the results in the morning. Right now I'm just going to turn off the light and catch some serious zzzzzzzzzzzz.

3 comments:

Saija said...

Praise God for loose pants! :o)

jettybetty said...

Loose pants are very good!

I love praise music--and sometimes I get very light feet, too!

Chris said...

Oh - very inspiring. I wonder if I could fit in a little walking in between dropping kids off at school and starting work... I don't think that there's any way at all that I'll be getting up at 4 in the morning, though! :)