Saturday, March 31, 2007

Clean

Scrubbed floors and scum free bathroom.
I hate to clean--but I like things clean. And I like the clean smell when I'm all done.
While I was on my knees wiping up baby spills, I began to think...Isn't amazing how God can get your attention then?

There are other things that I hate the work or process of, but absolutely love and want the results: study, exercised, diet, and work.

All through my Christian walk I have been captivated by the verses that instruct the believer to make every effort. It really is all about the process, about the journey. End results, those things we work for (like paychecks) aren't really the end. They're just the step to the next step.

So I'll keep on walking, and cleaning (guess that means I should grouse so with each mess) because I know it's all moving me that much closer to the real end--Heaven. I wonder if anyone cleans the bathroom there?

2 comments:

Trisha said...

I think one of the reasons God speaks to us so much in those times is because we're not busy doing "productive" stuff and our minds are more open to His voice.

Saija said...

ya, i must keep reminding myself too - that it's all about the journey!

the destination is the gravy afterwards!