Sunday, February 11, 2007

Spousal Pride

I just needed to brag on my sweetie.

Our old scale died over a month ago. We bought a new one. Nelson weighed himself and he was down 119 pounds!!!!!!

This morning Nelson wanted to wear pants to church instead of his bib overalls. I went hunting for the smaller pair we bought at the end of November for him to wear when the big pair got too big. The pair we bought for job hunting had a 54” waist. The other pair was a 50”. Well, the 50” pair fell off him too! So we dug in his pants drawer and found a pair of jeans that were 48”—and they were too big too!!!!! The 54” pair was tight when we bought them so he’s dropped at least 5, if not 6 pants sizes.

I’m just so proud of him…and it sure keeps me working to lose too!

6 comments:

Erin said...

Wow! Gives me hope...

HeyJules said...

You GO, Nelson!!!

Saija said...

ohhhh, i am sooo happy for you both!!! YAY for Nelson! YAY for YOU!!!

((hugs)) and blessings sent your way!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a bunch of losers you two are. :)

I am happy for you!!

Anonymous said...

Up above? That's me. Judy

www.judyh58.blogspot.com

Constance said...

Wow oh wow, Daisymarie, please give my heartiest congratulations to Nelson. I hope he is encouraged by encouragement and not a paradoxical person like me, who, when praised for losing weight, then gives up the ongoing work of getting healthy. This happens for some reason as yet not apparent to me and I don't know if there are others out there who struggle similarly. Go Nelson!