Friday, February 16, 2007

Anniversary Adventure

Tomorrow (the 17th) is my, our 28th wedding anniversary. Nelson has made arrangements to “kidnap” me. He made sure that the girls had childcare all arranged so that I didn’t need to “worry” about that. He told me to pack a bag for him and me for two days. I was not told what we were doing, except we will be having dinner at Pizza Hut tomorrow night.

We went to Pizza Hut on our first date. We ate at Pizza Hut on our way from the wedding to the lodge at Salt Fork State Park, where we spent our honeymoon. On our way home from the hospital with Annie we stopped at Pizza Hut and celebrated her birth with our Pastor and his wife. We found a Pizza Hut near Nashville, Indiana when we were on our 25th anniversary adventure. So it is right and good to eat at Pizza Hut tomorrow night.

I went to Goodwill and was fortunate to find a pair of Victoria Secret satin pajamas to take with me on the trip. And they were half price! So was the bathing suit I bought for just in case there’s a pool wherever we’re staying.

I called home this morning and asked Annie (both Annie and Beth know Nelson’s plans, but both have done a great job of not letting anything slip) if the clothes I packed were appropriate for the trip. It’s odd. I haven’t wondered or worried about what the adventure will hold. Kind of reminds me of how I felt when I got married—I wasn’t worried and knew I could trust this amazing man.

I hope there is specialness and love in your weekend. I know there will be in mine.

3 comments:

HeyJules said...

Daisymarie, you have a wonderful weekend wherever you end up. And I LOVE that you both find it romantic to eat at Pizza Hut! Now that just shows that it's not the food but the LOVE that keeps us alive. :-)

jettybetty said...

That sounds so romantic!!!! I can hardly wait to hear where he takes you!!! ENJOY!!! 28 years is an incredible blessing from God.

Anonymous said...

Oh! How WONDERFUL!

Judy - Anybody Home
www.judyh58.blogspot.com