Saturday, February 25, 2006

My Week

Such a week.
Monday night I was in full cramp mood and I sighed one too many times and Nelson flew into a verbal tirade (which he continues to feel justified in doing since he has not apologized). He then didn’t talk to me for three days. He finally started speaking on Friday night. And now life continues.

This week in addition to being a verbal recluse (really only speaking to Beth and Penelope when they were visiting this week) he also appeared to be on self-destruct mode. I ended up feeling like a stranger in my own home. His back still hurts terribly. He's asked me to get the name of the on the upswing--it takes a lot for him to take care of himself. There has been an on-going battle with Worker's Comp as well--that turmoil isn't doing his depression any good at all!

Work wasn’t much better. Growing up in an alcoholic home I learned well the art of hyper vigilance. I could just sense that something was going on. And while I’m not at liberty to say (since I’m still not sure who’s reading my blog/diary at work), suffice it to say: I was right. On top of that, and trying to deal with home stuff, and cramps, I just struggled spiritually with being content.

Through it all I’m sticking to the NutriSystem plan. Faithfully and completely. And to my absolute delight, I’ve lost 6.5lbs since the 16th. I like the food. I’m drinking the water. And today I will start walking again. Here’s an example of my faithfulness: Last night our Sunday School class had an event. We met at Pizza Hut for dinner. There were about 35 of us. I made my NS pizza ahead of time, doctored it with mushrooms and crushed red peppers and took it with me. When it came time to order our meal, I ordered a one trip to the salad bar, which I ate the good stuff and left the heavy laden and fat filled food for someone else! Then we met at the nearby seminary and watched a movie (The Notebook—loved it!). While everyone else munched on popcorn (which wouldn’t have been all that horrible for me) I ate my NS mustard pretzels—which I love!!!!

Did you catch that a part of this week (Tuesday through Thursday) Ann was also here with the grandsweeties. That truly was balm for my heart. Penelope came running up to me and smothered me with hugs and sloppy kisses. We immediately hit the floor for play. At Memaw’s house, I believe Penelope thinks the best toy is Memaw!

And now I’m going to go walk. The sun has been out all morning and it’s trying to reach 40. It’ll be chilly, but I think it will do me good. More later!

5 comments:

jettybetty said...

The NS thing is really working for you! That is GREAT!!

HeyJules said...

Daisymarie, congrats on the weight loss. It certainly is nice to have at least ONE positive thing going on in life, doesn't it?

I'll trade you my head cold for your cramps but you're going to have to keep that PMS'ing husband. : )

Judy said...

Congrats on the weight loss!

Sorry about everything else.

I can relate. Especially this week!

Saija said...

hey you ... first off (((Hugs))) ... and second - the Lord bless you for keeping on with your life, work and outside the home friends! that'll keep you going when the other life matters want to trip you up! there is only so much we are in control of - sore, sick, grumpy husbands isn't one of them! you know i relate ... and being the child of an alcoholic - double relate!

oh - and soon you will be in the "menopause" stage - i have not had too many complaints about it, and definitely no cramps! YAY for old women!

Anonymous said...

skipped across here from the lenten prayer
because of your comment about the puzzle and wanted a) to give you a big (((hug)))) b) to tell you that the puzzle pieces will fall into the right places eventually - even if some are out of place right now and c) to pray for you

be blessed

Lord
I ask that you reveal that to this your daughter, that she is wonderfully made. Use this lenten season to remind her that she is forgiven, and that You are the master potter, crafting her more and more into your likeness.


Thank you that her diet is going well, and that her cup (over the tiny weeny breakfast cereal bowl) overflows with Your goodness. You know all about her Lord, including the past week which has been tough. Thank you that you identify with her suffering, and I ask that Your spirit of reconciliation overflows into her life.

Amen