Saturday, February 11, 2006

It's a Miracle...

He’s healed!
But nothing’s changed.
The doctor said that Nelson is to start wearing a work boot and loose the crutch. He prescribed work conditioning therapy and told him to come back in two months. He never asked to see Nelson walk. He didn’t really listen to what Nelson was trying to tell him.

Nelson went for his therapy session. His regular therapist couldn’t believe the new orders. He had the head of the rehab program evaluate Nelson. He asked Nelson to walk. He asked Nelson what Nelson would be doing when he went back to work. Nelson told him: lots of walking, climbing stairs and ladders, lifting many heavy objects. The director was beside himself and told Nelson there was no way. He’s going to call the Doc on Monday and let him know his findings.

Nelson got his new glasses yesterday. When he fell, back in June, he crushed his and has been using cheapo reading glasses since then. He was quite happy to have glasses scripted to his eyes!

There were both good and extraordinarily frustrating days for me at work this week. I got some orders out and that felt good. Yesterday a tool I was working with came apart and I mashed a steal pipe (about an inch in diameter—not real big) into my forehead. It still hurts and I have a bruise and bump right over my right eye. Owie.

Nelson has offered to let me give Nutrisystem a try. So I’m going to start that as soon as the food arrives.

I guess that’s all for now. I’m reading an article in my Prevention magazine about sneaking food: how it’s related to sense of worth and stress. Given what I just wrote here I think I’ll go reread the article and let you know what I’m thinking about it later.

Until then.

3 comments:

Dreaming again said...

Just love those docs who have an agenda and don't let the facts and truth stand in their way ....

jettybetty said...

Hope your owie gets better soon.

I love Prevention magazine--I will be interested in what you think about Nutrisystem.

Hope you get the Nelson treatment thing figured--sounds as if someone is confused!

Anonymous said...

thanks for stopping by. Yeah hard lesson :( in retrospect it's so easy, but at the time it's so easy to be blind to ourselves isn't it? At least I know I am. Last night I cried out to God - and His reply was - "You know what it is that I've asked you to do" (sigh)

Praying for a favourable report from the doc and for a smooth week at work for you dear friend