Thursday, August 17, 2006

SLAM!!!!

Did you hear that?
It was the sound of the door shutting.
I got a brief email response to my letter.
The answer is no.
Funny…it came on the day when I interviewed for the “opportunity.”
Good thing I don’t believe in coincidences.
The interview went well.
That’s not too surprising, I interview well.
The job description is very doable.
The salary was more than I anticipated.
There is ongoing dialogue about insurance.
Next step: they interview the other guy.
I have some definite pluses (I already know the packaging program—shoot, I created it!).
After that, we will interview with the board of the T-Net.
Many of them know me and the work I’ve done.
The whole process is going to take a couple more weeks.
Maybe by then they’ll know more about the insurance.
I surprised myself when I realized how much I want this job.
I wonder if that has anything to do with the other door slamming shut?

4 comments:

Saija said...

sometimes the slamming doors are the only way we change course, eh!

we might be thinking of moving from our lovely little town ... ? ... seems the doors are jammed shut for housing here ... ?

atleast we know that God loves us, has a plan for us, and is in charge! YAY for our Lord!

Erin said...

I'm sorry about the slam. I know it can be a relief to know one way or the other, but still...

Wherever you land, they'll be blessed to have you!

HeyJules said...

Yeah, both good and bad in a slammed door. At least you know the time to move on is here but the slam still hurts...

So, we'll turn our prayers to the OTHER job and see what God has in store for you there!

Hope said...

At least it slammed - so there is no doubt - but still would have been nice if it would have closed a bit gentler, no?

Still praying here.