Sunday, April 09, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me

It’s my birthday. I am 49 today. I started the day off at church. I sang a solo, “Broken and Spilled Out.” It’s the first solo I’ve sung at this new church. It was received well. Three of us in our Sunday School class share this birthday so Nelson and I provided bakery decorated (yummy) cake (one white and chocolate) for our class. I read from Dr. Suess’ “Happy Birthday to You.” It was fun. After class Nelson took me to lunch at Ruby Tuesday. We went there because there was a $5 coupon in the paper yesterday. I had ribs---they were luscious and melted in my mouth…mmmmmmmmmm!

Last week Nelson and I went and purchased a new washer and dryer since ours was barely limping along. This was my birthday present. They’re Maytag, quiet, and wonderful. I’m quite happy. Nelson also bought me a Pooh pendant/locket watch. It’s quite pretty. Beth got me some Glade scented oil candles. They’re so nice. They make me feel pampered. Ann (and the kids) were here this week and she cleaned my refrigerator (quite a needed and awesomely appreciated gift).

Yesterday I went to a rummage sale and got a bag of clothes for $2. I got 6 summer shirts and a faux suede skirt (that I wore to church this morning). I’m wearing my Pooh sweatshirt that has a big 49 on it. It says “Pooh Cuteness.” It fits in many ways!

Now I’m going to relax, watch baseball and the race. This evening, as is our denominations tradition, we will be having a three-fold communion service. It will be my first since joining the church. I’m looking forward to it.

I celebrate life today. I celebrate friends. I celebrate my faith. I celebrate---just because I can! Blessings to you and on you! Hugs and Hershey kisses.

7 comments:

Erin said...

Well Daisymarie! Happy Birthday... praying a year of wonder for you. More of Christ in the everyday. More Mystery in the everyday. More healing... more blessings... just more :)

Much love to you-

jettybetty said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!

Sounds like you have had a wonderful day!

Blessings!

Debra said...

Happy belated birthday wishes, Tina!! Many prayers and hershey kisses are being flung your way right now... :) Have a terrific year! Blessings, Debra

Saija said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! 49, you youngster you! :o)

here i check your blog almost daily, and the day i don't - you have a birthday!

(hugs)

p.s. actually debra let the cat out of the bag, so i scurried over here!

Hope said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! Hershey kisses are a good thing. I am feeling pretty blessed to know you and to be journeying together. Whenever I read your posts I think to myself, "this is a gentle woman" and I wish all over again that we were neighbours.

HeyJules said...

A very happy birthday to you, Daisymarie! Sounds like you made a pretty good haul on the presents but I gotta say - a clean refrigerator would sure top my list!

Saija said...

also Happy Easter!
hope all is well with you ...
sending big big (hugs) your way ...

He is Risen Indeed!